Excel spreadsheets can get cluttered and disorganised with too much data, making it difficult to find what you need. Hiding rows and columns in Excel can be a simple solution to keep your data organised and easily accessible.
Steps to Hide Rows and Columns:
- Select the rows or columns you want to hide. To select multiple rows or columns, hold down the “Ctrl” key (Windows) or “Cmd” key (Mac) while clicking on each row or column.
- Right-click on the selected rows or columns and select “Hide”.
- To unhide the rows or columns, select the rows or columns immediately above or to the left of the hidden ones.
- Right-click and select “Unhide”.
Another way to hide rows and columns is to use the “Format” dropdown menu on the Home tab. Simply select the rows or columns you want to hide, then go to Home > Format > Hide & Unhide > Hide Rows or Hide Columns.
Benefits of hiding rows and columns:
- Keeps your spreadsheet organised and easier to navigate
- Helps to focus on relevant data and minimise clutter
- Protects sensitive data by making it invisible
- Doesn’t delete the data, only makes it invisible, so it can still be used in formulas and calculations
You can also check out the steps for hiding rows and column headers in excel and Search, hide, print comments in Excel